Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Two Down...One To Go!

...trimesters, that is! Yep, as of last week I officially crossed over into the third and final trimester of this amazing journey. I cannot believe how quickly the weeks have passed. I know the toughest part still lies ahead, as I will only get bigger and more uncomfortable, but this whole experience has been truly delightful to this point. In some ways I think I am going to miss being pregnant. I have enjoyed watching my belly grow, and feeling the little one kick. I have been so lucky to not have had any complications, which has allowed me to share this exciting time with Todd and our families without worry.

I went for my 28 week doctor check up, last week. Nothing special really...just some lab work and a visit with the doctor. I had to drink this carbonated soda that was super high in sugar. It wasn't too awful, but they force you to drink it very quickly, which does nothing but cause you to burp excessively. After an hour they drew a ton of blood to test for the presence of diabetes as well as some other things. Luckily I found out today that all tests came back normal. The doctor also checked the heartbeat which is at a solid 155! I am told that is high, which could mean it is a girl. Hmmmmmm...interesting!

I will be going back at 32 weeks for a second ultrasound. The doctor has ordered me to have another one done as she wants to check on a few things...specifically some water they found around the kidneys during the first ultrasound. It is nothing to be concerned about, as it is very typical for there to be the presence of water around the kidneys, but she wants to make sure that it has not increased. So hopefully all will signs will be positive! If anything it gives us another chance to get a good look at Baby Menor...the last look before he/she comes into the world!

Here is a picture (not a very good one!), of me at 28 weeks. I seem to be growing more rapidly these days. I am just looking to enjoy these final weeks, and hope that all goes as planned! It is going to be a busy time as I have a couple of baby showers coming up and Todd and I are planning one final getaway before the baby comes. We thought it would be nice to spend some alone time together before we no longer have that option! We have been so busy up to this point that we thought we both deserved a few days away, to relax and enjoy each others company. It sure is a relief to have that nursery done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica you look great and you are so lucky to have had a wonderful uncomplicated pregnancy..you are right the time has gone so fast but now we are getting anxious to see this little one..can't wait...
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Hurry up an arrive baby Menor...wait...okay...wait until you're ready, but I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited....

Auntie Korrie

Kim said...

Hey! At least you know you are out of the woods for survival- My two will drink (formula) to that!