Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Third Time is a Charm

I am days away from my November 6th due date, and more than ready to have this baby! I am still feeling pretty good, but I am not sleeping very well...just can't get comfortable. The excitement just keeps building so we are definitely looking forward to the future!

I was at the doctor this week and have dilated to 1cm. That really means nothing at this point. It could happen at anytime but it could also be another 2 weeks before this baby decides to make an appearance. The doctor did notice that I am measuring a little small for this point in the pregnancy. She thought it was a good idea to do one final ultrasound to make sure that the baby was not too tiny. Base on my measurements she said it was a possibility that I could be carrying a 4 - 4 1/2 lb baby! I was totally surprised to hear this because to this point everything was progressing just as it should. But she wanted to be on the safe side so she asked that I come back later in the day for my THIRD ultrasound!

Now when all of this began I was very excited about being able to have one ultrasound so that we could get a good look at our baby. Never did I imagine that by the time all was said and done we would have the chance to see the baby three different times! Fortunately, everything is good and my doctor's fears were incorrect. Based on the baby's measurements inside the womb he/she should weight approx 6 1/2 lbs. at this point. Needless to say I was very relieved. According to the ultrasound everything looks good and baby should be in excellent health. Now, for why I am measuring small...it is hard to say. But as long as baby is at the weight it should be there is no reason for concern. And based on what I weigh at this point I cannot imagine that I have a small baby in there!

But the good part about all of this is that I got to see Baby Menor one last time before he/she joins us. Baby is quite squished right now and there is not much room to move around. But they were able to get a few good pictures for me...

As with all of our other pictures Baby has his/her hand in front of their face!


That is quite a nose! But the ultrasound tech said that all babies noses look huge at this point because they are so squished inside the womb.

So it is back to the doctor next Tuesday. They will check to see if I have dilated anymore. To this point I have not experienced any contractions so I have no reason to believe that this baby is planning on coming any earlier than it has to! Stay tuned...as things could change at any moment!

2 comments:

Kim said...

very soon Mama! Remember, I am only a couple miles away, so if you need a ride, just call.

Wormie said...

That is a beautiful baby face and an adorable baby nose!
Next photo we'll see will be of this baby in yours and Todd's arms!
How exciting!!!!
I'm so glad that all is well and that you're feeling so great!!! Can't wait to meet this little grandniece or nephew!!!