Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Baby's Last Photo Shoot

Baby Menor had a final chance to show us what he/she looks like this week. I had a second ultrasound at my 32-week doctor's appointment, to check on baby's progress. The doctor wanted to make sure that no additional water had accumulated around the kidneys. Good news...everything looks great! Baby is right on target and falls into the 51 percentile as far as growth. Awesome...our baby is above average and it hasn't even been born yet! Baby has also turned...and is now facing head down, just like he/she should. I was a little concerned as the baby was sitting breach when I had my first ultrasound. And since I am really not that interested in having a C-section I was hoping that the baby would get to movin'! Well considering all of the kicking that has been going on in there lately I am not surprised to hear that he/she has completely switched positions! The heartbeat is also looking good. It is a strong 144!

But most of all I got the chance to get another look at our baby before the big day comes. Unfortunately Todd was not able to attend this ultrasound because of work, but my Mom came along instead. It gave her the opportunity to get a firsthand look at her soon-to-be grandbaby! And just like before the baby was not being very cooperative. The first time around it had it's hands and feet in it's face the entire time. Well it seems that the baby likes it that way. Although it was not attempting to put it's foot into it's mouth this time it did have one of it's hands covering the face. But we were still able to get a few good face shots...


We are still keeping the gender of the baby a mystery. Everyone seems to have their own opinion as to what we are having. I think it is about 50% boy and 50% girl at this point, so one does not seem to be favored over the other. But after studying these pictures my Mom and I agree that we think this looks like a boy face. Not that it is really that easy to tell what you are looking at in the first place, but it is just a feeling we have. And we would not be surprised if we were correct, considering the long line of boys that run in the Menor family. With 8 nephews in the family already and not one girl in sight, the odds are definitely not in our favor! But we could be wrong...

So now the countdown begins! With about 8 weeks to go things are starting to become more real. We are starting to think about what our lives will be like once this little person joins us. We are so very excited, but also a little scared at the same time. Since we only have a few weeks of total freedom left Todd and I have decided to take a little getaway to spend some time together...just the two of us. We aren't going very far...just Indianapolis, but we have some fun, romantic things planned. Mainly we are just looking to relax and enjoy the time away with no worries about work or household chores.

Not much else to report at this time. I am continuing to feel very good. I am not uncomfortable yet, but I am sure I will be soon. I cannot complain about anything considering what a wonderful pregnancy I have had up to this point. I now start visiting the doctor every two weeks until the final month when I will be making weekly visits. Here I am in all of my glory at 32 weeks...

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Wormie said...

Yay!!! You look like you've grown since I've seen you!!!
I'm glad the doctors report is all good! And of course this baby is above average - it's yours!!
That is an adorable baby face!!! I don't know - my first instinct was boy, but look at that image on the right - that one really looks like girl to me! :-)
Boy, Girl - I'm just waiting to meet a happy healthy baby!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Its funny I thought the same as Delia I think the picture on the left looks more like a boy and the one on the right like a girl..oh well we will soon find out and you know as soon as you meet the little one it won't matter one bit...I am glad GrannyJude got to see her new grand baby.... Aunt Susan

Kim said...

I think total boy, although that nose is definately yours, Jess. Do i need to post a pic of you at 2???HMMMM Tempting.......
8 weeks will come very quicly. Can we decorate your belly as a pumpkin?