Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, September 08, 2006

Showered With Generousity

This is one lucky baby! Having not even entered the world yet, Baby Menor has been blessed with the most amazing gifts from some very important friends and family members.

Last Saturday my Aunt Susan and Aunt Delia threw me THE baby shower of all baby showers! Not only did they both fly into Fort Wayne from out of town; California and Florida respectively...but they succeeded in making the shower a day I will always remember. It was a beautiful day, and I was surrounded with those that mean the most to me. There was great food, drink and conversation...and let's not forget the gifts! Here are some pictures of me with my aunts and mom...

Both of my aunts, along with my Mom put a great deal of time and effort into the shower. My Aunt Delia put her crochet talents to use and made bookmark favors for all of the guests...

My Mom and Aunt Susan spent quite a bit of time making the most adorable baby cookies as another favor for the guests. Not only were they very yummy..they were just too cute for words...

On top of that they also channeled Martha Stewart and created a baby carriage fruit salad for the guests to enjoy! Now this takes talent...

So between these wonderful creations, the most amazing Baby Shower cake (thanks to Hall's and their delicious cakes), and all of the other wonderful food...we had quite the spread!



Since this is the first baby for Todd and myself there were obviously many things we needed to get ready to handle our little one. Between diaper genies, crib sheets and pack-n-plays, we created quite the registry list at Babies R Us! Well we were very lucky to receive so many wonderful, generous gifts from our friends and family. Here's all the loot and me opening a few of my amazing gifts...


The shower had a literary theme, (Hello...my mother is an English Teacher!) So each guest was asked to bring along their favorite children's book to help create a library for Baby Menor! Needless to say we received a ton of great books and we are on our way to having a pretty awesome selection of stories to read to our little one! Each book meant something different to each person at the shower, which made it even more special, knowing that Todd and I will be able to share these stories with our baby very soon!

So it was an amazing day that I will always remember...and a day I look forward to telling my child about in the future. I want my baby to know how lucky he/she is to be surrounded by so many wonderful, caring people. Thank you to everyone who came to the shower and gave us so many nice things! We are so lucky! I have one more baby shower to look forward to. My close friend Korrie is throwing me a shower with a bunch of my close friends. A few of them are quite pregnant as well...so I am really looking forward to seeing them and everyone else!

Quick update...I am nearing the end of my 31st week. I will be going back to the doctor on Tuesday for my second ultrasound. Hopefully all will look well. We are nearing the final stretch! Only 8 weeks to go! I am still feeling great but I think I am starting to get a little nervous...

No comments: