Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 09, 2007

"All I want for Christmas"...

"...is for someone to get me off this guy's lap NOW!!!" I'm pretty sure this is what Olivia would say if she could talk. Can you believe this? Is this not the most perfect "crying baby on Santa's lap" picture you have ever seen? I had a feeling that this year's visit to see Santa would be a bit different than last year. Last year Olivia was just over one month old and didn't even wake up when she was placed on Santa's knee.

What a difference a year makes...

We like to go out to Jefferson Pointe each year to visit Santa. They have this adorable little cottage and it is much more personal than the monstrosity at our main mall. Anything beats having to stand in a long line with a bunch of screaming kids. Olivia has been going through a clingy stage again, where she will only allow those in her close inner circle to look at her or hold her. I knew she would not be happy sitting the knee of a man wearing a big red suit and fluffy white beard. I mean can you imagine what she must have been thinking?

The sweet man who was taking the pictures gave us some advice. He said that I should hold Olivia facing away from me and back up towards Santa. That way she would not see him prior to me plopping her on his lap. He said that once I placed her on his lap to jump out of the way and he would snap the picture immediately. I thought he might be able to catch a shot before she figured out what was going on. Boy...was I wrong! She immediately freaked out and burst into tears. The kind of tears that I do not see very often, but only when she is very very upset. Oh, the things we put our kids through for our own selfish pleasure! But it made for a priceless picture and an entertaining visit to see Santa.

The tree at Jefferson Pointe...

Santa's cottage...

So this year's visit to see Santa was a bit traumatic. Maybe next year will be better. But then again I may be posting another "crying baby on Santa's lap" picture. Oh and I almost forgot...we think that Santa was hitting on my Mom while we were there! But that is a story for another time...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest picture I have ever seen. It is a classic. Poor Olivia but hey we have all put our kids thru it for the that special picture....Also Judy I think Santa is a fox, I think you should have him over for "milk and cookies"..ho ho ho
Love Aunt Sue Sue

Wormie said...

Poor Sweetheart!!!

That picture is too cute!
So....Santa was hitting on Nana? More info, please!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture is worth a thousand words!!! Too darn funny. It's definitely a classic and one that she will laugh about with her kids some day. As for Judy---did you say that Santa was a HO-HO-HO!!! Never hurts to have a guaranteed spot on the good list!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Santa needs to learn that the word "Grandma" should never be used when trying to hit on someone. I may have cried as hard as Olivia if I had to sit on the old guy's knee.
Nana

Kim said...

Poor little sweetie. Oh the torture ( i cant wait to take the boys). Hopefully she isnt sworn off of Santa too much!

Erin said...

Poor little thing!!! hahaha! We still haven't taken Preston, but I can't wait. Hopefully it will be more like Olivia's trip from LAST year!

Betsy King said...

Hilarious! I want to hear the story about santa hitting on your mom! He was a good lookin santa! ; ) (seriously, better than last years!)

So give me the 411 on Santa at JP. Expensive? Long line?

Anonymous said...

I just had to write another little tid-bit....I can't stop myself from looking at that picture over and over...she just looks so darn pitiful!!! I should have been there to save her....too cute